What a Contract Manufacturer Should Offer
What are the core functions that a good contract manufacturer needs to provide? At Conversion Technologies International, we’ve spent years refining our mission and discovering what our clients need. Our experience has taught us that contract manufacturing needs to fulfill three main functions:
- Product Testing: Contract manufacturing provides firms with an opportunity to market test a product before fully committing manufacturing capital to it.
- R&D Facilities: Companies can reduce costs associated with the R&D process by taking advantage of a flexible manufacturing facility.
- Stopgap Production: High demand can cause overbooking and production backups in even the most efficient facilities. When filling orders demands temporarily expanding production capacity, contract manufacturing provides a solution.
CTI’s specialty is conversion manufacturing of rolled goods on a contract basis. In these capacities, CTI offers three main services: adhesive coating, laminating, and slitting/die cutting.
CTI’s state-of-the-art adhesive coating technologies have made us an industry leader for decades. Our facility played an integral part in the development of modern automotive headliner products. We’ve developed cutting-edge solutions for diverse industries including wind energy and roofing.
Our modular manufacturing line allows us to easily reconfigure processes and techniques. The applications and capabilities we offer include:
- Hot-melt and water-based adhesive coatings, applied via gravure coater, Meyer rod, knife-over-roll, and more
- Water-based coating for both cosmetic and functional applications
- Variety of adhesive capabilities, including thermoplastic, latex, EVA, and more
- Diverse substrate capabilities, including foam, rubber, fabrics
CTI’s ability to innovate in response to client needs shines through in our custom lamination projects. One automotive firm contacted CTI for help in designing a new laminate product that other manufacturers had been unable to produce. CTI created a custom lamination solution using our adaptive manufacturing process that was to spec, efficient, and scalable. Our solution allowed the client to bring the product to market at 400,000 parts per year.
- Wide range of one- and two-sided lamination techniques, including gravure, hot roll, and slot die
- Belt laminator allows lamination of both sheet and rolled goods
- Ability to laminate up to three substrates up to 1 inch thick simultaneously
Slitting and Die Cutting
Slitting and die cutting is often an essential part of the finishing process of rolled goods. CTI now provides these services as part of our commitment to offering end-to-end rolled goods contract manufacturing:
- Flatbed die cutters with up to 150 tons of pressure
- Ability to die cut materials up to ⅝” thick, including “kiss” cuts
- Wide variety of materials capabilities, including engineered wood products, cloth, plastic, rubber
A Rolled Goods Contract Manufacturer That Does It All
If your rolled goods contract manufacturer doesn’t provide all of the above services under one roof, you’re probably losing out. CTI’s full-service modular facility has the capability, and our staff has the expertise, to create the solutions you need. Start your custom contract manufacturing solution; call us at 419-924-5566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.