Contract Coating Services from CTI, the Industry Leader
The line between a successful product and a failed one is razor-thin. Many good products sit on shelves for years before they are abandoned as losses for their manufacturers. So, how can manufacturers give themselves the best chance for success? By partnering with Conversion Technologies International (CTI), the industry leader in coatings and adhesives. CTI provides expert contract coating services to manufacturers in a variety of industries. Their services can save clients time, money, and other valuable resources. They can also help make the difference between a successful product and a disastrous one. Check out what makes CTI such a valuable partner below.
Contract Coating vs. Toll Coating
There are a lot of misconceptions around what contract coating is and what toll coating is. They are both similar but also have key differences. In order to understand the benefits of each, it is important to first understand each arrangement.
Toll coating is a type of toll manufacturing. The client provides raw or semi-finished materials to a company like CTI. CTI already has cutting-edge equipment, personnel, and expertise in place to get the job done properly. One or any of these elements is likely preventing the client from coating products in-house.
Contract coating is very similar, with a few key differences. This process also involves outsourcing one or more steps in the production cycle. However, typically, the contract coater is also responsible for sourcing all materials needed for the process. As such, a contract coater like CTI is a little more hands-on, more like a true partner. Since they handle procuring materials, they are essentially creating a white-label version of a product. Thus, the contract coater becomes a crucial part of the client’s supply chain.
Benefits of Contract Coating
The benefits of this type of arrangement can be numerous for clients, including:
- Cost—costs associated with buying and powering innovative equipment can be very significant. As can be the cost of expert manpower needed to maximize the capabilities of this equipment. By using CTI as a contract coater, clients can save by eliminating the need for this significant financial investment. Instead, clients can deal only with the variable cost of manufacturing.
- Time to Market—likewise, the time required to install these capabilities can be months, if not years. By partnering with CTI, clients can get to market quickly and efficiently, even ahead of the competition. This speed to market can often be even more important than saving costs. Typically, the first to market enjoys a significant advantage over the competition. CTI’s clients can take advantage and get to market first.
- Saving Resources—saving money and time can be crucial to a company’s success. But so too can saving other resources, such as facilities and manpower. Perhaps a client has the capabilities to perform a job. But in order to meet demand, they would have to buy or lease additional space. Instead, let CTI take on the additional volume without a huge investment. Minimize lead times and save on capital investment by partnering with CTI.
The Industry Leader of Contract Coating
CTI is a seasoned leader in this industry. They have the right combination of experience and capabilities to help manufacturing clients. Their expert staff is well-versed in all types of materials and techniques. They even innovate and create new processes and techniques all the time (see more below). CTI has extensive experience with the following adhesives:
- & many more!
They can also process many different classes of coatings. CTI can handle everything from hot melts to water-based, thermoplastic to water-repellent or fire-retardant. This is in large part due to their state-of-the-art facility, which includes hot air and room temperature curing. Their facility even allows for larger projects, with widths up to 120 inches and rolls up to 2,000 pounds.
But it’s not just a wide range of capabilities that makes CTI such a valuable partner. It’s also their approach to customer service. They believe in providing value to clients at every step of the way. Need a sample to see how a product will look and feel? They can produce one at any time. Want to test out new materials or techniques? They have just the place—and the experts—to help.
They even offer clients a hands-off approach if that works best for them. Once specifications are determined, CTI’s experts can handle the process. They can also handle shipping, either back to the client or forward to a retail or distribution center. CTI believes that no job—or client—is too big or too small to receive this kind of expert attention. Only an industry leader to offer this combination of capabilities and service. And that’s exactly why CTI has become the industry leader in contract coating.
A Process That Delivers Results
CTI believes in the importance of process. That’s why they follow a unique and results-driven, five-step process:
- Initial Consultation—the first step is to match CTI’s capabilities with clients’ needs. Their friendly experts will work to understand all aspects of the project. This includes production cycle, timelines, resources, and more. A thorough first step lays the foundation for a successful project.
- Research & Development—often, a new material or technique will impact a product in a major way. But how are manufacturers supposed to know without some testing? CTI offers cutting-edge equipment and leading knowledge for research and development. This enables clients to have access to the most innovative techniques at a fraction of the cost.
- Lab Testing/Sample—with many companies, obtaining a sample is a pain, if even possible. CTI makes this process as easy as everything else. They can produce a product sample during any step of this process. Often, there is little to no charge for the sample, depending on complexity and resources required.
- Pilot Run—a pilot run may seem like an extra step. But it’s often the difference between a successful product and a waste of money. A pilot run helps expose any deficiencies or imperfections in materials or the process. This step is built to run quickly and with far less equipment than full production. That way, corrections can be made simply and cheaply rather than leading to disaster.
- Production—the last run is the simplest, once the other four steps have been completed. But it is also the most expensive. That’s why CTI believes in checking and then re-checking to ensure a successful full production run. With these steps completed, clients give their products the greatest chance for success.
Don’t Take Just Their Word for It
Manufacturers come in all sizes and capabilities. But the one thing that unites them is the need for reliable and helpful partners. CTI strives to be that partner to every client in a wide range of industries. Throughout their history, they have demonstrated a commitment to clients of all sizes throughout the country. A large company might only need CTI’s help for production facilities or specialized coating techniques. But a smaller company might need some guidance and help with research and development. In either case, CTI is committed to helping their clients succeed. They can help with everything from engineering to expert advice to production and shipping. Best of all, they do it on time, within budget, and without any hiccups in the process.
That’s a big reason why companies from startups to Fortune 500 corporations turn to CTI for help. CTI has helped some of the biggest names in the country, including:
- and many more
But CTI doesn’t just help these big companies. They treat all customers equally, no matter if they’re global, national, regional, or even local. Customers of any size can take advantage of CTI’s expert capabilities and service. So, a local roofing company gets the same level of service that a global car manufacturer does. Or, a regional furniture manufacturer has access to the same equipment that a national manufacturer does. In fact, smaller clients might benefit more from CTI’s experience and expertise. They can provide guidance, advice, and support throughout the entire process. So, no matter what a manufacturer needs, CTI can help.
A Proven Track Record of Success
CTI believes that the best proof of their abilities is how they’ve successfully handled other projects. That’s why they dedicate a section of their website to customer success stories. Here, new or prospective clients can see how CTI has helped other clients. It might demonstrate how they can help clients with similar needs. But it will definitely prove that CTI knows how to deliver results and success to their clients.
Check out just a few examples of these success stories below:
- CTI recently helped a customer in the personal absorbent industry. The client needed a moisture barrier for the absorbent materials. But they also needed a converter that could create short runs of product. That way, the client could continue running larger volume products on their own machines. CTI used the water-based gravure method to allow precise application. They then laminated and trimmed the materials, delivering the product into rolls with a diameter of four feet.
- Not long ago, a well-known roofing company was looking to create a peel-and-stick product for industrial buildings. CTI helped the client develop and refine the product before a full production run began. This afforded the client the ability to introduce the product to the market and test viability without investing in coating equipment. CTI was able to produce and refine the product based on feedback. This process also led to CTI’s expanded capabilities of 12-foot wide coating, which is the industry standard.
- Recently, an automotive client needed a 1” non-woven material to be laminated to aluminum and then sheeted. CTI was able to help after several other firms could not. They were able to analyze the client’s needs and design a comprehensive solution, then finish the project in record time.
Free, No-Obligation Quotes
It is clear that CTI can help a wide range of companies in a wide range of industries with a wide range of services. And, it is also clear that partnering with CTI can have numerous benefits for these clients. But how much do these benefits cost? Providing a simple, flat pricing structure is nearly impossible. After all, some clients turn to CTI with complicated projects and huge volume. Others have much smaller volume and much simpler requests. Still, others need help in testing out products before they even know what kind of additional help they’ll need. But CTI understands that clients need an accurate cost before they can even get started. That’s why they make it easy to get a free, no-obligation quote. All you need to do is fill out their quick and easy-to-use quote form.
This form asks clients for basic, contact information so an expert can get in touch. But it also asks for a little more detail on the specifics of the project. They take this information so that they can provide useful information when they contact you. From there, CTI’s expert team will work with every client to find a solution to their challenges.
So, fill out the form or give them a call today at 419-924-5566 to talk to an expert.